Baker Perkins is a leading supplier of equipment and services to the food industry throughout the world. When The Queen’s Award was established, top brands in the bread, biscuit, confectionery, snack and breakfast cereal sectors relied on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. They still do today.
The eight awards we have won as Baker Perkins and APV Baker – five for Export and three for Technology – reflect our continuing success in highly competitive global markets. Baker Perkins’ market leading position is maintained by constant development of equipment and processes to provide customers with profitable new opportunities. Over 80% of sales are exported.
Our strength lies in process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete – from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
Unit machines and production systems are based on over 100 years experience in the special techniques and requirements of our chosen industries. A range of services exploits the latest technology to maximise efficiency, and minimise cost of ownership of plant and processes. Our capabilities include: n Mixing and forming equipment based on a century of commitment to the specialist needs of high-output bread bakeries.
• The widest range of equipment and the greatest depth of resources in the supply of processing machinery for biscuits, cookies and crackers.
• Design, manufacture and commissioning of complete sugar confectionery plants, including hard candy, lollipops, toffee and jellies.
• Equipment for the production of every type of breakfast cereal.
• Process technology and product innovation for the expanding snacks market. •
• A comprehensive range of twin-screw extruders specifically for powder coating production.
Key features of the company’s resources, and its policy of support from initial concept to maximising plant performance, are Innovation Centres in the UK and USA. Here customers develop new end products and processes without absorbing valuable production plant time. Parts, servicing, upgrades, rebuilds and training are all offered through our comprehensive Lifetime Support programme.